Monday 3 February 2014

Studio Brief 1: Secret 7

For this brief we are going to design a record sleeve for one of the following 7 songs:

Age of Reason - Black Sabbath
Grounds for Divorce - Elbow
Karmacoma - Massive Attack
Team - Lorde
Virginia Plain - Roxy Music
Get It On - T-Rex
Strange Creatures - Jake Bugg

For the interim crit I need to create 5 designs, one of which I will take further and develop for it to be submitted for the competition of Secret 7".

In preparation for this...

  • I have listened to each song a number of times. In doing this I have sensed which songs inspire me and that interest me. I particularly enjoy 'Team' by Lorde and 'Virginia Plain' by Roxy Music
  • I have downloaded Lorde's whole album named Pure Heroine. I have listened to this quite a few times.

I already know some things about Roxy Music because my parents are avid fans and I have previously listened to the album Roxy Music which the song 'Virginia Plain' is on. I find their music very different from anything that is released in the 21st century, which has sparked my inspiration and I have decided to concentrate on research into Roxy Music and the chosen song.

No comments:

Post a Comment