Wednesday 22 January 2014

End of Module SELF-EVALUATION


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD405               


 Module Title
Design Process


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
Sophie McDonald



1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have learnt how to use InDesign as a beginner, which was been applied quite effectively to brief 3 as my spreads were completely designed using InDesign. It could have been applied to a larger effect though, as I am still grasping it.
I have also developed the skill of putting layouts together, and communicating information in the form of spreads.











2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

For the first time I used my own paper for printing, which was a lot more successful than when I’ve not used my own before. I chose antique white paper for brief 3 and an off white textured paper for brief 4. Antique white is a browny-cream colour, which informed my design development as I had to imagine ahead what it would look like on the paper instead of on white that the computer showed.













3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think that my strengths are being able to format a layout neatly (brief 3) and simply. I capitalised on this by paying good attention to the final crit and developing my spreads afterwards to make sure they all joined together nicely.

















4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weaknesses would have to be the ability to format posters effectively, as this is something that took me awhile to design. This will come with practice and also more exposure to other’s work. I also think I need to do stronger research in the future that is more specific.










5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

More accurate research, be more adventurous with layout, be more adventurous with production methods,start planning earlier.
Doing these things will help my creativity to flow better.









6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group


x


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment