Monday 13 January 2014

Studio Brief 4: interim crit



In the crit, we each explained a bit about our research and the ideas we have. Above shows the help I got.
  • A campaign for raising awareness of the dying art of vinyls, eg 'BRING VINYLS BACK'
  • CDs aren't worth the price, like vinyls were/are. CDs could do with better packaging... creating some could be an idea.
  • Promote record store day in a new, exciting way. Get more people involved.
  • Timeline of album artwork, from old to new. This will show the differences and how they've evolved.
  • Show artwork disappearing on a timeline; there used to be design studios solely for album covers, which is impossible these days. 
These suggestions opened my eyes quite a lot.. the timeline idea is good, but I still may stick to promotion work as it may be too complicated to actually create a timeline myself. However this could definitely reflect in my promo designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment