Sunday 23 March 2014

Studio Brief 2: Fine art and graphic design: which do you find more valuable? - Idea 1 development

Here are some short statements that sum up parts of my essay, that I would use in the publication if I
choose this idea.

Is design only something that is made in relation to consumerism? 

or can a designer create something for their own fulfillment? Does it then become art? 

Fine art can only truly be, one hundred percent, about self-fulfillment if money is not an issue for the artist. 

Another difference between art and design which could affect the supposed ‘value’ of a piece, is the production methods. 

Graphic design as a whole is fuelled by creativity just as much as fine art. 

Art leaves it up to the viewer to interpret in their own way, and immerses them in a whole new world.

I'm not sure yet whether I would use imagery in the book, or just use the power of typography and make it very simple.
I also had the idea of introducing a 'true or false' system into the publication, which would sum up by the end what the reader thinks.




No comments:

Post a Comment