Friday 13 November 2015

CoP Tutorial 2

In this tutorial we discussed how to organise my chapters, as I was a bit lost on how to separate and structure my writing. Below is my plan before the tutorial:

Chapter one
How do we perceive colour?

Chapter two
Manipulation in branding

Chapter three
Children's packaging

I felt a bit uncertain whether this was the right way to go, so we rearranged it as so:

Chapter one
Colour and audience (children)

Chapter two
Brand and communication theory

Chapter three
Case studies/visual research

Notes:
  • send Amber introduction and first chapter by next friday
  • three or four chapter plan (time plan)
  • 500 - 700 word count for intro
  • link this into extended practice research
Research:
  • communication theory - Mediums & Message (book)
  • The Secret Life of 5 year olds - a documentary consisting of filming children in a nursery and the things they get up to and how they communicate and deal with issues.
Practical

I need to be thinking about my practical response and have a clear idea soon. Some thoughts we had:
  • I don't want to do a standard rebrand of a product, or design a new brand for children. I'd much rather do something more abstract and abit more unique, that can still be linked to my written work.
  • Amber suggested the idea of packaging an emotion or feeling, and using colours to communicate it to children.
  • It needs to be packaging and have an audience of children, and can be quite lighthearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment