Thursday 9 April 2015

Brief outline: Rebranding a political party

Rebranding Brief

For my practical outcome, I am going to rebrand a small political party that hasn't been exposed much in the mainstream media. I will pick a party that I believe could really benefit from a rebrand, and is deserving of more attention.

The rebranding will be informed by my essay and the political branding research I undertook, which was mostly based on the non-visual side of branding. It covered language and connotations used to create a strong and trusted political brand. This follows on from this by tackling how to put these methods into practice, and also how to visually reflect and portray a political party.

It will also be informed by practical research I will undertake in the area of politics and also a certain political party, so that I can successfully capture their ethics and policies.

My ethics and personal beliefs is something that comes in to play as a designer, and is an issue a lot of people in the industry face. By taking this into account I will choose a small political party that aligns with my own beliefs, and that I believe is an organisation that could impact society positively.

The outcome will be in the form of brand guidelines. This will outline in detail the use of branding and language throughout the brand, and how it is to be used in different contexts.

No comments:

Post a Comment