Monday 16 December 2013

Studio Brief 2: Interim crit

For the crit my ideas so far are travelling or movement as I explored in my last post. I am still looking for new ideas as I don't feel inspired yet.


  • You could make this really specific to something else you are interested in, eg. if you were interested in music you should look at the journey how a specific genre has evolved and the journey it has taken.
  • I like the travelling idea it seems like it would be easier to gather research for. Also don't forget Journey is a band - that'd be pretty cool to research.
  • I like the idea of travelling and transport. Recording things you encounter could be interesting - document things on a daily basis. Could be interesting as each journey would be different.
  • I think this would be good too it would cool if you walked somewhere and did a stop animation of where you went.
  • Perhaps over Christmas go on a journey say a walk and record your journey through photography and drawing? This could help lead your ideas further.
  • Orient express and notoriously long/dangerous journeys. 'Skipping' the Mexican border etc.
  • Research the journey's you take? Map them out. Could do research into tickets (trains/buses etc) and map your journey/travel experience over Christmas, and then map it out.
  • I like the life as a journey thing. Potentially interview and photograph any old people/couples, get their story, could be sweet. Old people photograph great, get their family photos too. Perhaps it could just be photographs?!? Very exciting.
  • Could create a journal of the journeys you take in one day, get others to do the same.
  • Depending on whether you wanted to go down a different path with your theme, you could research the transport used for journeys and how it has changed over the years.
I have made the helpful feedback bold, as they have introduced new ideas to me. Journey is a band, which obviously relates to my word 'journeys'. I have no interest in this band, and the research would be pretty boring and one dimensional, however music is interesting to me and is an important part of my life.
'Journeys' could also be linked to music because a song itself can be a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment