Thursday 19 December 2013

Studio Brief 2: Album covers

  • Recently I have been looking through my parents vinyl records, and looking at the record player.
  • It made me realise how listening methods have changed in the last 50 years, records are now seen as a novelty, and a form of nostalgia for all ages.
  • Technology has become so advanced and has made listening and discovering music incredibly easy and cheap (if music is illegally downloaded).
Vinyl > cassette > CD > digital > mp3 players

I want to try and gather research on listening methods of music, and the album artwork and how necessary it is in each form of listening. Album artwork is really interesting to me, especially on vinyl covers decades ago where it seemed to be much more creative than it is nowadays, and more iconic.

No comments:

Post a Comment