Tuesday 26 November 2013

Studio Brief 1: Research - designs

I've looked into illustrations and artwork to gain inspiration for ideas on how I can use image within my designs. I want to play on the idea of cleverness and irony. I've also taken note of artwork that is within a frame, whether it be a window or just boxed in by something, at this is what a photo frame does.

Elliot Larson
This artwork is very simple but I think its relatively ironic, as the word 'NO' is made up of the word 'haha'; this is very contrasting and quite humorous... the hint of sarcasm is prominent, and only hits you when you look closer to read what the words are.


I couldn't find the artist of this work, but the framing of the branches is like a literal take on cliche nature photographs. I like the idea of taking something so often used and making it into a new concept.



I found this really pleasing piece of artwork, which inspires me in the way that it is a simple black and white illustration. In the sense of a frame backing design, it could reflect the generic family photographs and put a spin on it. 


Sara Wenokur
This sketchy illustration gave me a bit of inspiration. Its really simple but it is quite pleasing to look at.

Sigmar Polke
This artwork stuck out to me as it is in a window frame, which made me think of photo frames. I think it is beautifully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment