Friday 25 April 2014

Studio Brief 4: Book band research

http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/bellyband.html

Directions:Cut a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper to just a little longer than the width of your book. The width of your book band is totally up for personal preference. Measure to fit your book, and use a bone folder to make a nice crisp edge on each side.


Cut a slit about halfway down from the top and a little more than halfway up from the bottom where the two sides of the band meet. Wrap around book and slip notches together.
 
This seems like a fairly easy way to make a band for my timetables and booklet which I want to attach together. However I may just folded sellotape as it may end up looking neater (I may mess up the above method).
I want the band there with the name on it so that it doesn't take up space on the timetables, and I think it looks nice to have an extra detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment