Tuesday 1 April 2014

Studio Brief 2: Research - Fuel Design

http://fuel-design.com/


The Dig is about badger baiting, which can be seen in the aesthetic of the book cover. I like the simplicity of this design, and the subtlety of the badger. The way the words intersect with the imagery creates great impact.


This book cover cuts straight to the point, which I like. Only type is used but in an unusual way, which puts emphasis on the name of the person the book is about. However, I wonder if there is a deeper concept behind it.
I'm not a big fan of the colour scheme; it makes the content seem dull and boring.



This cover is very appropriately designed; the font is Gill Sans which is very British, and the colours used have strong connotations of the London underground. 'Londoners' doesn't need to be displayed in large letters because of how it is designed; it immediately makes me think of London.







Above is an art catalogue of the work of Tim Noble and Sue Webster. The medium of the publication is interesting; it seems like it is quite box-like, and contains the book inside but I can't completely tell. I like the cover but I'm wondering if it might be confusing for some people, as it is quite hard to read unless you're up close. 
As for the second image, the letters are quite frustrating to look at when they alternate so suddenly... what is the concept of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment