Thursday 14 January 2016

Evaluation

This module has been vital to my learning process of more specific elements of graphic design. Previously, I had little knowledge on how important it is in marketing products to children.

Through constructing my essay, I have researched many different sources that thoroughly investigate branding theory, communication theory and colour theory. However, I think that I struggled with pulling together studies on how children perceive colour, as it has been difficult to find legitimate data. If the data I used to support my argument was my own primary research, then it possibly could have made my argument stronger and I could have analysed my findings to a better standard. However, I don't know many children at all, so this wasn't something I could have done properly anyway.

If I had given myself more time for researching outside of books, I would have contacted design studios that cater towards design for children: I did consider this, but only when it was getting a little late for that kind of research. I also thought that asking questions around the subject of manipulation in packaging for children may elicit some ungenuine responses, or very biased opinions.

In my dissertation I struggled with critical analysis, but through my writing I definitely gained a confidence in it. If I had seeked some help on this area it may have improved my writing significantly.

To coincide with my essay, after some thought I decided to create a testing of an idea. I think that this would have been a lot more valuable if I had the opportunity to put it into practice, and study children through my outcome. It then would have been more of an appropriate exploration to discover the argument of my essay in real practical terms. Unfortunately, finding children for a study is very difficult, so I wasn't able to do this.

My time management has been up and down for this module: I didn't make a strict enough time plan In September and October, but when November came I set goals for myself which I mostly did reach. When I took time off for Christmas, I made sure that beforehand I had got enough done, so that in January I wasn't too rushed. The few days before the deadline, I was very rushed to get everything finished, which taught me to next time plan even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment